The Feisty Fido classes are for dogs that are overly-reactive when they see or meet other dogs. An overly-reactive dog may bark, growl, or lunge when they see other dogs or when other dogs come into their personal space. Sometimes, they may just want to say hi, but cause a huge fuss when a greeting is not possible. In this class, you learn how to keep your dog calm and focused around other dogs.
You will learn: how to read your dog’s subtle (or not so subtle) body language, exercises and games to play with your dog to help change her behavior around other dogs, and crucial management techniques. You will also get to meet and share with other dog owners experiencing similar issues.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Don’t bring your dog with you the first class.
Dogs adopted from Lollypop Farm receive a $10 discount on their first class.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than five (5) dogs per session.
Length of Class
One 60-90 minute class for six weeks.
- Prior training is required — if you have not been in a class or private consultation with our trainers, we will contact you to setup a time to do a full history.
- You must have had your dog for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bordatella vaccination, if not currenly vaccinated, should be given 10 days before start of class.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Staying calm in the presence of other dogs
- Shaping Games
- Counterconditioning and Desensitization
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.