Friday, November 13, is #WorldKindnessDay. Wondering if there’s some small act of kindness you can feel great about today? Create a Facebook fundraiser that will support the care for pets in need this holiday season! You can encourage your friends and family to raise lifesaving funds for pets in need, and it only takes a few clicks to get started. Plus, when your Facebook followers make a gift now through the end of the year, their generosity will be doubled, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000 thanks to a generous animal lover!
Just like when creating a Facebook fundraiser for your birthday to raise dollars for a cause you care about, you can create a Facebook fundraiser any time of year to directly support homeless and abused pets in our community.
It is so easy to create your Facebook fundraiser! Just click here to be directed to Facebook, where you can start building your unique fundraiser page.
Personalizing Your Fundraiser
Once you have started creating your new Facebook fundraiser, you can edit it and make it your own! Feel free to add the cute holiday cover photo above (which you can also find on our Facebook page!) update the name of your fundraiser to whatever you like, and edit the “about” section text. Here is some sample text that you can either use word for word, or draw inspiration from:
“This holiday season, you can play a pivotal role in saving the lives of homeless and abused pets in our community. Plus, your gift to my Facebook fundraiser is now more valuable than ever! A generous animal lover has agreed to match donations made to pets in need at Lollypop Farm now, until the end of the year, up to $50,000!
Hope for a brighter future is possible with your support. It can take hundreds of dollars to care for just one pet, sometimes even thousands. In this unusual and stressful year, can you imagine how many more pets will be helped when your gift is doubled? Thank you in advance for opening your hearts and making a lifesaving gift. Your donation, now doubled, will make twice the impact for pets in need.”
Sharing stories that promote giving
One of the best ways to encourage your friends and family to make a gift to support pets in need is to tell compelling stories about pets that have received lifesaving care at Lollypop Farm. Peruse the Lollypop Farm Blog or visit our Facebook page to see recent tales of success from the shelter, and choose one to share as a post on your fundraiser page!
Facebook Fundraising Pro-Tips
Wondering how to make the most out of your new Facebook fundraiser? Here are a few tips we suggest trying out to raise funds to help pets in need.
- Share your fundraiser! Invite your friends, family members, and co-workers to donate to your fundraiser by posting about it on your personal Facebook. You can also invite your friends to the fundraiser page, just like you could for a Facebook event. You’ll find this option on the right-hand side of your Facebook fundraiser, under a tab called “Invite Friends.”
- Post in your fundraiser frequently! Sharing stories directly from the Lollypop Farm Facebook page or posting photos of your own pets are both great ways to encourage your friends to donate. Posting more frequently will grow your audience and help even more pets in need.
- Thank people who make donations to your fundraiser! This is a great way to engage your friends that are generous enough to make a gift to help pets in need, and encourage others to do so.
- Share your fundraiser in your Facebook story! It’s easy – just go to your Facebook profile and click on the “Add Story” button below your profile photo. Select a photo or background, and then click the “Stickers” tab (it’s in the upper right hand corner and looks like a little peeling sticker with a smiley face.) Select the “Donate” button, and search for the name of your Facebook fundraiser benefitting Lollypop Farm. This will allow your Facebook friends to access your fundraiser directly through your story!
- Reach your fundraising goal early? That’s great! You can always start small and increase your fundraiser’s goal when you get close or exceed it. This is a great way to challenge your followers to go the extra mile for pets in need. We suggest starting your fundraiser at $300!
It has never been easier to use social media to raise lifesaving funds to support the care for homeless pets. Plus, we’ll be there along the way to provide suggestions and encouragement to help your fundraiser each its goal. Together, we can help twice as many homeless pets this holiday season.
Questions about creating your Facebook fundraiser? Send us a Facebook message!
Click here to start your Facebook fundraiser today.
Click here to double your dollars and make a holiday gift.
Interested in keeping up with stories from the shelter? Click here to sign up for The Inside Scoop, our monthly email newsletter.