Strengthen what your dog has learned with increased distractions and distance while also learning new skills. Intermediate Manners is designed for dogs and owners that have completed the Basic Manners class. We strongly recommend this class for those who plan to take our Canine Good Citizen class in pursuit of certification as a therapy dog team with our Pet Assisted Therapy program.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than ten (10) dogs per session.
Minimum of four (4) dogs required or class may be cancelled.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
Do bring your dog with you to the first class.
- Must have completed Basic Manners or have permission from our instructors. Please contact the Behavior Department regarding your dog’s readiness for this class by calling (585) 223-1330 x153.
- Must be able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger and must be able to work safely around people and other dogs on and off leash.
- You must have had your puppy for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Manners & Impulse Control
UPCOMING DATES – LOLLYPOP FARM
Mondays at 7:00 PM starting 3/25/2019
3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29
Instructor: Kari LaBounty
Location: Fairport, Lollypop Farm,
99 Victor Rd, Fairport, NY 14450 (map)
UPCOMING DATES – Brighton
Thursdays at 7:15 PM starting 4/11/2019
4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23
NO CLASS 4/18
Instructor: Rebecca Lohnes
Location: Brookside Recreation Center
220 Idlewood Rd., Rochester, NY, 14618 (map)
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.