Pet Assisted Therapy Training
Please note: The Pet Assisted Therapy Volunteer Program is only recruiting individuals who can volunteer during weekday hours (mornings/afternoons). We are closed to night and weekend availability. Questions? Contact Esca Stumpf, Community Outreach Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 223-1330 x139.
This class is designed for those wishing to volunteer with Lollypop Farm’s Pet Assisted Therapy program. This class will include familiarization to all of the skills needed to pass the evaluation to become a Pet Assisted Therapy Team. The class is open to dogs, cats, guinea pigs and rabbits. If you have another type of pet you would like to visit with please contact us. Completion of this class and passing the evaluation will grant the team access to participate in visits organized by Lollypop Farm’s Pet Assisted Therapy program only.
Dogs – COST: $75
Class Size:No more than ten (10) dogs per session, 10 other small animals.
Length of Class: One 60-90 minute class for four weeks.
Cats / Small Animals / Handler – COST: $40
Length of Class: One 60-90 minute class.
- All Dogs must have successfully completed their Canine Good Citizen test. If your dog has not passed their Canine Good Citizen and you would like to schedule a test please contact our behavior department at 585-223-1330 x 153
- All animals must be at least 1 year old at the start of the class. Cats, rabbits and guinea pigs under 1 year must have special permission from, Esca M. Stumpf at email@example.com or 585-223-1330 x 139
- Must be able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger and must be able to work safely around people and other animals on leash.
- You must have had your animal for at least 6 months prior to the first class.
- Current on Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations
- Dogs must provide proof they have passed a CGC test.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc).
- All dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered.
- Rabbits and Guinea Pigs must be presented in a basket with a towel or blanket underneath them.
- Properly fitted body harness, buckle, or martingale collar (no choke or prongs collars) – Dogs and Cats.
- 4-6′ cotton, nylon, or leather leash (no retractable leashes) – Dogs and Cats.
- Variety of soft pea-sized treats that your pet absolutely loves.
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.