Puppy Head Start
This class is limited to young puppies from 8-16 weeks of age. The primary goal of our Puppy Head Start class is to produce happily compliant, well-mannered, easily handled adult dogs.
Our puppy classes have a strong emphasis on socialization and early prevention of behavior problems. Your puppy will learn to play properly with other dogs and be introduced to novel items, new footings and enjoy new experiences in a safe and positive environment. Graduates of this class will be ready to move on to our Basic Manners class.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Dogs adopted from Lollypop Farm receive a $10 discount on their first class.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than ten (10) puppies per session.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
- No prior training is required.
- 8-16 weeks of age on the day of the first class (Small breeds up to 20 weeks of age).
- You must have had your puppy for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bordatella vaccination, if not currently vaccinated, should be given 10 days before start of class.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Manners & Impulse Control
- Bite Inhibition
- Crate Training
- Puppy-Proofing Your Home
- Planning Around a Puppy
UPCOMING DATES – Brighton
Thursdays at 6:00 PM starting 7/20/2017
7/20, 7/27, 8/10, 8/17, 8/24, 8/31
NO CLASS 8/3
Instructor: Rebecca Lohnes
Location: Brookside Recreation Center
220 Idlewood Rd., Rochester, NY, 14618 (map)
To register click the button below and search “Dog Training”
or call 585-784-5250
REGISTER – BRIGHTON
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.