Tween Puppy Head Start
This class is limited to older puppies from 4-6½ months of age that have not yet taken any classes. The primary goal of our Tween Puppy Head Start class is to produce happily compliant, well-mannered, easily handled adult dogs. Our puppy classes have a strong emphasis on socialization and early prevention of behavior problems. Your puppy will learn to play properly with other dogs and be introduced to novel items, new footings and enjoy new experiences in a safe and positive environment. Graduates of this class will be ready to move on to our Intermediate Manners or Tricks for Kicks class.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Dogs adopted from Lollypop Farm receive a $10 discount on their first class.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than ten (10) puppies per session.
Minimum of four (4) puppies required or class may be cancelled.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
- No prior training is required.
- 4-6½ months old on the day of the first class. Puppies older than 7.5 months should register for Basic Manners or Small Dogs Rock!
- Must be able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger and must be able to work safely around people and other dogs on and off leash.
- You must have had your puppy for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Manners & Impulse Control
- Puppy Biting
- Crate Training
- Puppy-Proofing Your Home
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.