Youth Service and Student Projects
Thank you for helping homeless and abused pets in need! Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, is committed to bettering the lives of animals through justice, prevention, and life-saving care. We embrace and recognize that Lollypop Farm supporters are the heroes of our work—voluntarily offering time or money, no matter the amount—to accomplish our mission.
There are so many fun and interesting ways you can help pets in need! Review our guides below.
Service Orientation—Start Here!
Prior to any of the suggested DIY projects or service ideas below, we ask everyone to start with our Bitmoji Classroom to learn more about Lollypop Farm and ways to help pets in need. At the end, you will be prompted to take a brief quiz. Once your answers have been received and processed, we will email you a service letter for 1 hour of service.
DIY Animal Enrichment
Download our packets and make enrichment items at home! Packets include a service log to earn hours for school.
*Due to concerns related to COVID-19 in our community, we have made some changes to the process for items being donated in-person. We always appreciate the desire to support animal welfare through donations, and the restrictions we place on some donations help us keep our animals safe and manage our staff time.
- Please wash and/or disinfect your donation items before you bring them to us.
- If you are donating additional items, please review the list of donation items we are able to accept and make sure that your items are on the list.
Great for groups and school projects! Check out the opportunities below and fill out the request form to tell us how you would like to help get animals adopted, raise funds and share our mission.
- Organize a Supply Drive: Collaborate with your community and collect supplies to help save homeless pets. Click here to view our wishlist!
- Host a fundraiser: Money donations help us purchase equipment, food, and supplies to keep the animals warm, fed, and healthy.
- Create Adoption Promotion Signs: Help find homes for the pets at Lollypop Farm! Design flyers that we can hang up around the shelter and on the animals’ kennels!
Parents and guardians are welcome to assist with projects as needed, but these opportunities are designed for children. To learn more about ways adults can help, check out How You Can Help.
Student Research Project Requests
Students who would like to complete school projects about Lollypop Farm may submit a request here. Please submit your request at least two weeks prior to your project due date. We will do our best to accommodate your request.