Feral Cat Spay/Neuter/Vaccinate Program
PLEASE NOTE: Feral cat appointments are booked through the end of the year. Check back in early December, when we will begin accepting requests for appointments in January. Thank you for your patience. Download our community resource guide for a list of alternate clinics if you have an immediate need.
LOW-COST SERVICES FOR FERAL CATS
The Feral Cat Spay/Neuter/Vaccinate Program provides affordable spay/neuter services and vaccinations for feral cat caretakers, in support of TNVR (Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return). Services are performed at Lollypop Farm by appointment only. Our team of veterinarians, licensed veterinary technicians, and assistants provide the highest level of care in our state-of-the-art Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic on the main campus in Fairport.
- Services are provided for feral (un-owned non-domesticated cats) only.
- Cats must be 2 months of age or older.
- Services are provided on Fridays by appointment only at Lollypop Farm’s Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic in Fairport.
- Cats must arrive in a humane trap (also known as Havahart traps).
- Same day service: Cats are dropped off at 8:00 a.m. and pick up at 3:00 p.m.
Individuals must agree to be a feral cat caretaker. Responsibilities include:
- Providing adequate food, water, and shelter.
- Seeking medical attention to the best of your ability.
- Monitoring the feral cat colony or individuals and providing TNVR services for new additions.
- Be feral (un-owned non-domesticated cats) only.
- Be 2 months of age or older.
- Arrive in a humane trap (also known as Havahart traps).
What Is Included?
All feral cats receive:
- Spay or neuter surgery with anesthesia and pain medicine
- Rabies and distemper vaccinations
- Ear tip (Required. This is the universal sign that a cat has been sterilized.)
- Optional: flea treatment and deworming medication, and/or FeLV/FIV testing
Cost Of Services
|Surgery & Vaccination Package Cost||Flea & Deworming Treatment||FeLV/FIV Test|
|Optional Package Cost: $30|
Schedule a Feral Cat Appointment
To schedule an appointment, contact us at (585) 223-1330 x190.
NOTE: All cats MUST arrive in a humane trap on the day of their surgery. If you do not have a humane trap, Lollypop Farm does have a limited supply available for rent through our Admissions Department, or they can often be purchased at your local lawn and garden center or online.
Trap rental at Lollypop Farm is $10 for a two week rental period. You will be charged the full price of a trap ($80 dollars) if they are not returned at the end of the two week rental period. Please note that Lollypop Farm will not send staff or volunteers to trap cats on your property.