World Spay Day Free Cat Fix-a-thon!
Cat Spay/Neuter Services Fees Waived on February 26
Lollypop Farm is celebrating World Spay Day 2019 by waiving the spay/neuter fees for cats on February 26th. World Spay Day is an international day of action to promote sterilization as a way to save animals’ lives. Our goal is to spay/neuter 100 cats during the day, while waiving the fees for qualified pet owners.
Read through the following information about the special event and the qualification for you and your cat!
World Spay Day 2019 General Information
- Space is limited! Open to the first 100 qualifying applications.
- Cat owners and cats must meet specific qualifications to participate. See below.
- Services provided by appointment only at Lollypop Farm’s Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic in Fairport.
- Appointments will be scheduled on Tuesday, February 26th, throughout the morning and early afternoon. Pick-ups will be scheduled approximately 4 hours after the appointment time. You must be available to drop-off and pick-up your pet at those times.
- No follow-up appointments are needed.
- Post-op care instructions are provided at discharge.
- One cat per application. If you have more than one cat, please fill out a separate World Spay Day application for each cat.
- One-day only event. Rescheduling will require participants to pay regular SNIP fees.
- On World Spay Day only, the service is provided free of charge. *We suggest a $10 donation of per cat.
Pet owners must meet one of the following criteria:
- Fall below HUD Income Guidelines
- Receive Public Assistance (NYS TAP, SNAP, HEAP, DSS, SSI, SSDI, unemployment, disability, Medicaid)
- Full-time college student
- Military Service Member or Veteran
Cats must be:
- Be between the ages of 4 months and 6 years
- Be in good health
- Have no history of aggression
What Is Included?
During the World Spay Day 2019 event, all cats will receive:
- Spay or Neuter surgery with anesthesia and pain medicine
- Rabies & Distemper Vaccinations (required unless proof of vaccination is provided)
- General Exam
- Nail Trim
Unlike our regular SNIP program, we will not be providing services for dogs or offering additional optional services. Dog owners and those in need of additional services should apply to SNIP.
- Spay/Neuter will increase your dog/cat’s chance of a longer, healthier life by reducing the risk of cancer.
- Spaying/Neutering your dog/cat reduces his/her likelihood to roam, spray/mark (cats), or have aggressive behaviors.
- One unaltered dog/cat and his/her offspring can produce thousands of puppies/kittens in a lifetime.
- There are more cats/dogs than available homes. Spay/Neuter ensures that your pet will not contribute to the number of pets in shelters each year.
|Household Size||Low Income|