Lollypop Farm delivers extraordinary care for thousands of community pets in need.
Community support key to animal welfare success in 2018
Fairport, N.Y. – Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, saw its employees, volunteers, and supporters join together to deliver an extraordinary level of care for thousands of homeless and abused pets in 2018. Through adoptions, veterinary services, community outreach, and the prevention of animal cruelty Lollypop Farm continues to deliver success and reach new milestones in animal welfare including:
- 5,672 pets received second chances through adoption, transfer to partnering organizations, and stray pets being reunited with their families.
- Launched a new working cats program to find alternative homes in barns, workshops, stables, and more for 103 cats who may have been feral, nervous when confined, or had litter box avoidance issues.
- Provided individual care for 1,602 pets in need through the foster care program.
- Continued to grow its volunteer support base with 812 volunteers contributing 34,865 hours of service.
- Lollypop Farm veterinarians and staff performed 21,586 examinations and 4,915 surgeries for shelter pets in need of veterinary care.
- Lollypop Farm Humane Law Enforcement Department investigated 896 cases of animal cruelty and removed 338 pets from dangerous situations.
- Grew its support for families in crisis by providing 104 families with pet food and distributing 3178 lbs. of pet food to local food banks.
- Launched a new program to help owned pets in need within the community providing 130 dogs with wellness examinations and essential vaccinations.
- 82 pet owners received Pet First Aid and CPR training in new Humane Education programming.
Lollypop Farm attributes this success to its hardworking staff and volunteers as well as the community support it receives. “79% of our operating budget comes directly from donations,” says Alice Calabrese, President and CEO for Lollypop Farm. “Without the community’s support, we wouldn’t be able to provide this wide-ranging quality care for the pets who need us most.”
For more information about Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester visit: www.lollypop.org/fivethingstofeelproudof.
About Lollypop Farm, Humane Society of Greater Rochester
Established in 1873, Lollypop Farm is the largest animal welfare organization helping pets and people in the Greater Rochester area. The Humane Society is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through education, community outreach, and the prevention of cruelty. With a main campus in Fairport and four other adoption centers throughout the community, the organization provides shelter, care, and adoption for dogs, cats, small animals, birds, reptiles, horses, and other farm animals. Lollypop Farm is an independent nonprofit organization supported solely through contributions, grants, investments, proceeds from retail sales, and fees for programs and services. For more information and to meet adoptable animals, please visit www.lollypop.org.