Become a Teen Volunteer
Lollypop Farm relies on volunteers to make life-saving work possible. Dedicated young animal lovers are welcome to help at the shelter. And while volunteers must be 18 or older to volunteer directly with the animals, there are still plenty of ways teens can make a big difference at Lollypop Farm.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS
TO BE A TEEN VOLUNTEER?
Teen volunteering requires a minimum one-year commitment of 2 hours per week. Please be sure you can add this to your busy schedule before applying.
Teen Volunteers will be provided opportunities to support Lollypop Farm in a number of ways like:
- Assisting with keeping the cat care areas clean and stocked
- Work with mice, gerbils bunnies and more in our small animal room
- Assist in cleaning in our dog kennels
- Help with dishes and laundry, or putting away donations
- Work in the clinic keeping kennels clean and prepped for post-surgical animals
These positions require a minimum of a 1-year commitment of 2 hours a week. You must be at least 18 years of age before you can walk dogs, work in the cat room, or otherwise volunteer directly with any of the animals. We apologize for the restriction, but issues related to insurance force us to impose this requirement.
- You should be able to read and communicate well enough to follow instructions. You should get along well with others, because you will have to work closely with staff members or other volunteers. But you should also have the ability to work independently without close supervision.
- You must have a reliable means to come to Lollypop Farm for your volunteer shifts.
- You and a parent/guardian must attend the initial volunteer orientation prior to volunteering.
No, we ask that people to sign up for shifts, through our volunteer software program, Better Impact. You will receive a log in once your volunteer application has been accepted.