Foster Care Volunteers
Think you’d like to foster animals in need in your home? You can make an immediate and lasting impact on the life of a homeless pet as a Foster Care Volunteer with Lollypop Farm.
Animals may need foster care for many reasons and temporarily opening your home saves lives. Foster care offers the one-on-one attention and loving comfort that only a home setting can offer, which is precisely what some animals need to heal.
As a foster care volunteer you may host animals with special medical or behavioral needs, mother animals with nursing litters, or underage animals who need special feeding and socialization, like puppies, bunnies, or kittens. By fostering an animal, you are providing rehabilitation in a nurturing home environment, directly preparing them for adoption into a loving home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- One member of the family must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be able to lift, push, or carry at least 25 pounds.
- You must own a car for transporting animal(s) to vet appointments at the shelter, or evacuating them in case of an emergency.
- All parties responsible for care of foster animal(s) are encouraged to attend foster care training.
- You must have a schedule that allows you to meet the needs of foster animals in your care.