Shelter Helpers is a fun in-person program specially designed for students looking for opportunities to help their community. Perfect for young animal lovers (8-16 years-old) Shelter Helpers will explore different ways that youth can help homeless pets.
Participants may create a variety of enrichment toys, devise adoption promotion materials, and participate in keeping the shelter grounds tidy – not to mention get some hands-on animal socialization time!
*Program hours are eligible to be signed off as service hours
- 8-16 years old.
- Participants must arrive on time and stay for the entire session.
- Show respect to all animals (including humans too!)
- Morning sessions (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 8-11 years old.
- Afternoon sessions (2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 12-16 years old.
- The program fee is $25 per session. If this will be a financial hardship, please contact the Humane Education Manager.
- 2-7 students will be in attendance at each session.
- Registration is required.
- Guardians can drop-off and pick-up program participants at the Training and Education Center entrance.
- Participants must wear clothes that can get messy and closed-toe shoes with rubber soles.
Please read our cancellation policy (updated 10/27/20)
For cancellations made 5 days or more prior to the program’s start date, we can provide you with a refund minus a $12 administrative fee to your credit card or check. For any COVID related cancellations– due either to potential or confirmed symptoms or exposure isolation– we can provide you with a full refund of credit to your Lollypop Farm registration account balance, which can be used at a later date to either reschedule the same program or to sign up for future education programs.