Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP)
LOW-COST SPAY/ NEUTER SERVICES
The Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP) provides qualified owners access to spay/neuter services for their household dog or cat at a greatly reduced cost. Services are performed at Lollypop Farm by appointment only. Our team of veterinarians licensed veterinary technicians, and assistants provide the highest level of care in our state-of-the-art Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic on the main campus in Fairport. Read our FAQs to learn more about spaying or neutering your pet.
Please note: We are currently at capacity for cats and dogs. Cats have a minimum wait time of 1-2 months for an appointment after the submission of an application. Dogs have a minimum wait of 6-8 months for an appointment from submission of an appointment of an application. Surgeries will be scheduled based on sex and species.
- Must meet specific qualifications to participate.
- Services provided by appointment only at Lollypop Farm’s Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic.
- Non-refundable deposit is required to schedule an appointment. *$25 for a cat; $50 for a dog*
- Appointments are scheduled Monday through Thursday.
- Same day service.
- No follow-up appointments are needed.
- Post-op care instructions are provided at discharge.
Pet owners must meet one of the following criteria:
- Receive Public Assistance (SNAP, HEAP, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability Income, Unemployment, or Medicaid)
- Fall below Income Eligibility Guidelines (below)
Household Size: Maximum Household Income
1 Person: $30,500
2 People: $34,850
3 People: $39,200
4 People: $43,550
5 People: $47,050
6 People: $50,500
7 People: $54,000
8 People: $57,500
Dogs or cats must be:
- Be between the ages of 4 months and 6 years
- Be in good health
- Have no history of aggression
What is included?
All dogs and cats receive:
- Spay or Neuter surgery with anesthesia and pain medicine
- Rabies & Distemper Vaccinations (required unless proof of vaccination is provided)
- General Exam
- Nail Trim
- Microchip – $10
- Frontline Flea & Tick Prevention (1 dose) – $10
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar (8mo) – $70.19
- Drontal De-Worming Medication – $10
- Canine Heartworm Test (dogs only)- $20
Cost of Services
|Surgery Cost||Rabies Vaccine*||Distemper Vaccine*||Total|
|*Required unless proof of vaccination is provided.|
- Spay/Neuter will increase your dog/cat’s chance of a longer, healthier life by reducing the risk of cancer.
- Spaying/Neutering your dog/cat reduces his/her likelihood to roam, spray/mark (cats), or have aggressive behaviors.
- One unaltered dog/cat and his/her offspring can produce thousands of puppies/kittens in a lifetime.
- There are more cats/dogs than available homes. Spay/Neuter ensures that your pet will not contribute to the number of pets in shelters each year.