Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP)
LOW-COST SPAY/ NEUTER SERVICES
The Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP) provides qualified owners access to spay/neuter services for their household dog or cat at a greatly reduced cost. Services are performed at Lollypop Farm by appointment only. Our team of veterinarians, licensed veterinary technicians, and assistants provide the highest level of care in our state-of-the-art Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic on the main campus in Fairport.
Read our FAQs to learn more about spaying or neutering your pet.
- Must meet specific qualifications to participate.
- Services provided by appointment only at Lollypop Farm’s Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic.
- Non-refundable advanced payment is required to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday through Thursday.
- Same day service: Pets are dropped off at 8:00 a.m. and picked up at 3:00 p.m.
- No follow-up appointments are needed.
- Post-op care instructions are provided at discharge.
Pet owners must meet one of the following criteria:
- Fall below HUD Income Guidelines
- Receive Public Assistance (NYS TAP, SNAP, HEAP, DSS, Supplemental Secure Income, SSDI, unemployment, disability, Medicaid)
- Full-time college student
- Military Service Member or Veteran
Dogs or cats must be:
- Be between the ages of 4 months and 6 years
- Be in good health
- Have no history of aggression
What is included?
All dogs and cats receive:
- Spay or Neuter surgery with anesthesia and pain medicine
- Rabies & Distemper Vaccinations (required unless proof of vaccination is provided)
- General Exam
- Nail Trim
- Optional: Microchip, Flea & Tick Treatment, and De-Worming ($10 each)
Cost of Services
|Surgery Cost||Rabies Vaccine*||Distemper Vaccine*||Total|
|*Required unless proof of vaccination is provided.|
Please Note: Because of the high volume of interest in this program, approximate wait time for surgery is 1 to 3 months from application submission. You are welcome to apply and be put on our request list. Once you apply and are approved for the program, you will have the opportunity to choose a future appointment date. Pets must meet the age restrictions to apply. We appreciate your patience. Thank you!
- Spay/Neuter will increase your dog/cat’s chance of a longer, healthier life by reducing the risk of cancer.
- Spaying/Neutering your dog/cat reduces his/her likelihood to roam, spray/mark (cats), or have aggressive behaviors.
- One unaltered dog/cat and his/her offspring can produce thousands of puppies/kittens in a lifetime.
- There are more cats/dogs than available homes. Spay/Neuter ensures that your pet will not contribute to the number of pets in shelters each year.