Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP)
LOW-COST SPAY/ NEUTER SERVICES
The Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP) provides qualified owners access to spay/neuter services for their household dog or cat at a greatly reduced cost. Services are performed at Lollypop Farm by appointment only. Our team of veterinarians, licensed veterinary technicians, and assistants provide the highest level of care in our state-of-the-art Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic on the main campus in Fairport.
Read our FAQs to learn more about spaying or neutering your pet.
- Must meet specific qualifications to participate.
- Services provided by appointment only at Lollypop Farm’s Klingenstein Veterinary Clinic.
- Non-refundable advanced payment is required to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday through Thursday.
- Same day service: Pets are dropped off at 8:00 a.m. and picked up at 3:00 p.m.
- No follow-up appointments are needed.
- Post-op care instructions are provided at discharge.
Pet owners must meet one of the following criteria:
- Receive Public Assistance (NYS TAP, SNAP, HEAP, DSS, SSI, SSDI, unemployment, disability, Medicaid)
- Fall below 2018 HUD Income Guidelines
- Full-time college student
- Military Service Member or Veteran
Dogs or cats must be:
- Be between the ages of 4 months and 6 years
- Be in good health
- Have no history of aggression
What is included?
All dogs and cats receive:
- Spay or Neuter surgery with anesthesia and pain medicine
- Rabies & Distemper Vaccinations (required unless proof of vaccination is provided)
- General Exam
- Nail Trim
- Optional: Microchip, Flea & Tick Treatment, and De-Worming ($10 each)
Cost of Services
|Surgery Cost||Rabies Vaccine*||Distemper Vaccine*||Total|
|*Required unless proof of vaccination is provided.|
Dog Owners Please Note: We are experiencing a high volume of interest in our program. You are welcome to apply to be put on the request waitlist, but you may not receive a call back for several weeks or more. There is currently a 3-4 month or longer wait period for a dog surgery appointment. Pets must meet the age restrictions to apply. We appreciate your patience. Thank you!
What is Spay/Neuter?
Spaying (female) and neutering (male) are surgical procedures performed by a veterinarian remove a dog or cat’s reproductive organs. The pets are then unable to breed.
- Spay/Neuter will increase your dog/cat’s chance of a longer, healthier life by reducing the risk of cancer.
- Spaying/Neutering your dog/cat reduces his/her likelihood to roam, spray/mark (cats), or have aggressive behaviors.
- One unaltered dog/cat and his/her offspring can produce thousands of puppies/kittens in a lifetime.
- There are more cats/dogs than available homes. Spay/Neuter ensures that your pet will not contribute to the number of pets in shelters each year.
Should I still spay/neuter if my dog or cat is always indoors?
Yes, when an animal is in heat, they follow their natural instincts and can escape from your home/leash to gain access to other animals.
Will it change my dog or cat’s personality?
No, your dog or cat may be less likely to exhibit certain behaviors like humping, spraying/marking, aggression, and roaming, but his/her personality will not change.
Shouldn’t I allow my female animal to have one litter before spaying?
No, this is a myth! Pets who are spayed before their first heat are typically healthier.