For older puppies or adult dogs new to training or in need of a refresher. This class will teach you how to communicate effectively with your dog, enhance your relationship with her, discuss effective ways to stop and prevent poor household manners, and teach your dog skills to help her become a polite pooch at home and on outings. Graduates of this class will be ready to move on to our Intermediate Manners class.
“Great class for basics! We love Lollypop. Thank you!”
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Dogs adopted from Lollypop Farm receive a $10 discount on their first class.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than ten (10) puppies per session.
Minimum of four (4) dogs required or class may be cancelled.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
Do not bring your puppy with you to the first class.
- No prior training is required.
- At least 6.5 months old on the first day of class.
- Must be able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger and must be able to work safely around people and other dogs on and off leash.
- You must have had your puppy for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Manners & Impulse Control
- Counter-surfing and Furniture climbing
- Crate Training
- A Tired Dog is a Good Dog
UPCOMING DATES – BRIGHTON
Tuesdays at 7:15 PM starting 11/13/2018
11/13, 11/20, 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18
Instructor: Rebecca Lohnes
Location: Brookside Recreation Center
220 Idlewood Rd., Rochester, NY, 14618 (map)
To register click the button below and search “Dog Training”
or call 585-784-5250
REGISTER – BRIGHTON
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be cancelled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.