K9 Nose Work – Level 2
If your dog has completed and been successful in K9 Nosework, but you’re looking to take them to the next level in scent detection, this might be the class for you. In this class, there is potential to work on more intricate, difficult hides (including outdoor work), signaling, or scent discrimination.
Just like in Beginner K9 Nosework, we’ll continue to use hidden food as a reward in this fun canine sport. The skills learned in this class will help you keep your dog engaged, challenged, and enriched, all while enjoying themselves indoors or out during this fun game. 5/5 dogs would recommend.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than four (4) dogs per session.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
- 4-6’ cloth or leather leash (no retractable leashes).
- 30’ cotton long-line.
- Regular buckle collar, martingale collar, or harness (no choke or prong collars).
- Variety of pea-sized treats that your dog absolutely loves!
- Wearable treat bag or easily accessible pockets.
- 2-3 of your dog’s favorite toys.
- Extremely smelly special treat that your dog goes crazy for (i.e. tuna, tripe, cat food)
- Completed and been successful in K9 Nosework.
- Must be able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger and must be able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash.
- Current on Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc).
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.