Lollypop Farm, the Humane Society of Greater Rochester, is committed to building lifelong bonds between people and animals through education, community outreach programs, and the prevention of cruelty.
We envision a time when our community celebrates the human-animal bond; embraces the mutual benefits therein; and treats all fellow beings with care, compassion, and respect.
OUR GUIDING STATEMENT:
Our core values unify and guide us to provide the best service to the animals, our community, our organization and ourselves
- We exhibit our compassion for each other and the animals in everything we do
- We communicate openly and clearly
- We are flexible in our approach to an ever changing environment
- We drive for continuous improvement through our individual commitment
- We embrace teamwork among staff and volunteers
- We build the Lollypop Farm Community through personal integrity, respect and support for each other.
Compassion: Showing empathy and sympathy for what others—people and animals—are experiencing through constructive and positive actions.
Communication: A two-way process in which there is an exchange and progression of thoughts, feelings, or ideas towards a mutually accepted goal or direction.
Flexibility: Being willing and comfortable adapting to new circumstances and conditions.
Commitment: A pledge to the mission, fellow employees, volunteers, animals, and the community.
Teamwork: Willingness to collaborate and communicate to achieve a common goal, understanding that the organization works best when unified.
Integrity: Pursue our mission with honor, fairness, and respect for animals, individuals, and the organization.
Respect: Showing consideration and professional regard for all aspects of the organization.
GOAL 1 – ADOPTION
Achieve 82% save rate by 2017
- Expanding our companion & farm animal adoption promotions
- Providing our adoptable animals the best medical, behavioral, and physical care.
- Increasing our efficiency to reduce lengths of stay, and reduce costs.
- Enhancing our staff development programs to foster internal growth and expertise
- Improving our customer experience.
GOAL 2 – SPAY AND NEUTER
Increase Community Access to Veterinary Services
- Developing funding for providing veterinary services to pet owners
- Implementing comprehensive outreach strategies to educate the community on spay/neuter and on how to access affordable services
GOAL 3 – LAW ENFORCEMENT
Enhance humane law enforcement coverage & community awareness of animal cruelty laws
- Hiring 2 new officers and reducing response time
- Partnering with government agencies and other stakeholders to educate on current animal cruelty laws.
- Delivering programs for the community on preventing animal cruelty
- Advocating for better animal protection laws
GOAL 4 – GROWTH & SUSTAINABILITY
Establish Long-Term Financial Plan
- Developing a more sustainable business model and building internal capacity
- Evaluating current programs for effectiveness and impact.
- Developing additional revenue sources.
- Strengthening brand identity and expanding our reach