The Bravery Boost class is for dogs that are not comfortable with strangers, other dogs, noises, objects or social pressure. With nervous, shy or fearful dogs, developing confidence and teaching your dog skills that he or she can use when the world gets scary is key.
What does fear in dogs look like? A fearful dog might cower, tremble, look away, or otherwise try to pretend like they do not exist when people try to pet them or dogs try to play. A fearful dog might run and hide when people come to visit.
This six week class will help you learn to read your shy dog, teach you exercises for safe interactions and introductions, will help your dog overcome some of her shyness, and will allow you to meet and share with other dog owners experiencing similar dog behavior.
Includes class handouts, clicker, and certificate of completion.
Don’t bring your dog with you the first class.
Dogs adopted from Lollypop Farm receive a $10 discount on their first class.
Proceeds from registration fees support the animals and programs at Lollypop Farm. Thank you!
No more than six (6) dogs per session.
Length of Class
One 45-60 minute class for six weeks.
- No prior training is required.
- At least 6.5 months old on the first day of class (shy puppies less than 6.5 months old should take one of our puppy classes).
- Shy or fearful of at least one thing (people, dogs, noises, etc). Have no history of aggression (snarling, snapping, lunging, biting) toward people or dogs.
- Some barking from your fearful dog is acceptable, and is usually manageable, but if it makes other shy dogs anxious, you may have to attend without your dog.
- You must have had your puppy for at least 10 days prior to the first class.
- Current on Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccinations.
- Bordatella vaccination, if not currently vaccinated, should be given 10 days before start of class.
- Bring vaccination records to the first class.
- Free from all parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, etc)
Overview of Topics
- Crate Training
UPCOMING DATES – LOLLYPOP FARM
Tuesdays at 7p.m. starting 7/23/2019
7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27
Instructor: Alexandra Ferrente
Location: Lollypop Farm
99 Victor Rd, Fairport, NY 14450 (map)
Schedule is subject to change; classes not meeting minimum enrollment may be canceled.
We reserve the right to excuse from class or decline entry to any person or dog who presents behavior that may be dangerous or disruptive to class or for any other reason.
Harsh corrections or intimidating training methods will not be tolerated.
Dogs that are aggressive, fearful, or unable to benefit in a class setting may be referred to private training.
Participation in class is at the discretion of the class instructor and refunds will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.